How our Kits Work:
Shop Flatbed Kits
Choose your make below.
1980-2022 Ford Flatbed Kits
1980-2022 Chevy/GM Flatbed Kits
2003-2022 Dodge Flatbed Kits
1980-2002 Dodge Flatbed Kits
1995-2022 Tacoma Flatbed Kits
Cab/Chassis - Any Make, Year or Length
Shop Flatbed Add-Ons
Add any of the following add-ons to customize your bed.
All the lights and wiring you need in one package.
Octagon Fender Kit
Shortbed, Longbed, SRW, and Dually.
Step Fender Kit
Functional and Custom. Long Beds Only.
Shortbed Toolbox Fender Kit
Short Beds Only.
Powerstroke Fender Kit
Longbed, Shortbed, SRW, and Dually.
Duramax Fender Kit
Longbed, Shortbed, SRW, and Dually
Cummins Fender Kit
Longbed, Shortbed, SRW, and Dually.
SRW and Dually
Gooseneck Ball Cover
Wood Deck Models Only
Frequently Asked Questions
Standard Bed Cost List
Flatbed Kit -$799 (SRW), $929 (DRW) (Free Shipping)
Generic Steel you will need purchase from a local steel dealer* – ~$700-$1500 Download the Steel List.
Lights/Wiring/Decking – ~$600
Finish (Powdercoat/Paint)* – $35 – $1000
Total Cost of build: $2000- $3500
*Prices are subject to local supplier and serve as an estimate only.
Underbody Tool Boxes: ~$500
Fender Kit: $209-$299
Our Kits are unconventional in that we don’t send you everything, only the machine made parts that you can’t purchase locally. Why? Because it would be what’s known as a rip-off to charge you for mark up and exorbitant amounts of shipping cost to sell you generic steel that you can buy locally without a middle man. That being said, you’ll be responsible in purchasing the generic steel to make the process as affordable as possible. Download the free material list so you can get an exact cost for everything you’ll need. We’ll still send you the machine made parts and provide you with the blueprints to make the build seamless.
This kit gives you everything you need to seamlessly complete the base model bed. It is designed to be a cheap alternative to pre-made flatbeds.
Our kit comes with 3 components:
- Model Specific Blueprint – this will be emailed to you upon purchase. This is an easy to understand document that has the material list, cut sheets, and build diagrams specific to your model.
- Machine Made Parts shipped to you – we send you all the laser cut parts (tail assembly, fuel plates, etc.). It is your responsibility to source all the generic steel listed in the blueprints, you can also download the list of the steel you’ll need here. These parts ship free in the lower 48 states.
- Start to Finish Video Tutorial – this completely exhaustive step by step video tutorial is over 5 hours long, and gives a step by step guide to build, wire, and install your flatbed.
Moderate to advanced welding experience is needed to complete this project as well as experience using all shop tools described below.
Tools and Equipment Needed
- Ear Plugs
- Safety Glasses
- Welding Helmet
- Welding Gloves
- Welding Coat or protective outer layer
- Welder – needs to adequately weld 3/16” thick plate
- Bandsaw/chop saw/cold saw – capable of handling 2.5” square tube and cutting angles.
- Angle Grinder
- Tape Measure
- Vice grips OR C-clamps – 6 total
- Drill Press OR Hand Drill
- (2) 7/32” Drill Bit
- ¾” Drill bit (only if installing marker lights)
- 1″ drill bit or hole saw
- Type 27 Flapper disk grinding wheel(s)
- Slitter disk(s) OR Plasma Cutter
- Metal Pencil or Sharpie Marker
- Forklift OR Shop Crane OR 4 Strong people (for installation)
An experienced fabricator can build this project in 30 hours and install in 8 – 10 hours.
Our Kits are designed to fit with your existing frame mounted gooseneck ball. If you don’t currently have one installed, you will need to add a frame mounted gooseneck ball.
Bumper Pull Hitch
Our kits fit seamlessly with your factory bumper pull hitch. Why? Because it’s far superior to have your hitch tied directly to your frame and the engineered from the the factory setup.