Weld-It-Yourself Headache Rack Kits
Watch the FREE Video Tutorial
Current Models Available:
1. Video Tutorial Emailed to You.
The easy to understand video modules walk you through exactly how to build your rack from start to finish. It includes everything from instruction on how to build the rack, wiring, and installation. Click here to preview the video tutorial.
2. Option to Purchase the Standard Kit
The Standard Kit has everything you need to seamlessly complete your build including:
1.) A model specific blueprint with a material list of all the steel you need to purchase and cut diagrams detailing the lengths and angles to cut all pieces. Designed to be used in combination with the video tutorial.
2.) Machine made gusset and light brackets shipped to you (free shipping). You’ll have to purchase the majority of the steel laid out clearly in your blueprint, these are just the parts you can’t purchase at a local steel dealer.
WHAT CAN YOU BUILD?
All photos shown below are racks you can build using our headache rack kits in combination with the start to finish video tutorial. Click here to get FREE access to the start to finish video series and the option to purchase a model specific standard kit and add-ons.
Preview Headache Rack Blueprints
Frequently Asked Questions
This product is designed to be a cheap weld-it-yourself alternative to pre-made headache racks. . Once you’ve had a chance to look over the tutorial videos that we send you via email, you can choose to purchase the standard kit required to complete the process only after you have full confidence in the video tutorial. You will need to purchase and cut the bulk of the steel, but we send you the pieces you can’t purchase locally and make yourself. Click here to get access to the video tutorial. to get started.
Standard Kit – $59-$69
*Steel you will need to purchase – $90-$110
*Finish (Paint/Powder Coat) – $10 – $150
Total: $159 – $319
Add Marker Lights & wiring (6): +$35
Add Strip Tail/Stop/Turn Lights & wiring: +$35
Compare to Protech Premade Rack: MSRP $475-$750
Compare to Highway Products Premade Rack: MSRP $599+
*Price subject to your area’s steel retailer and powder coat supplier*
- Standard Protective Equipment (Ear Plugs, Safety glasses, Welding Helmet, Welding Gloves, Welding Coat)
- Work Table
- Welder – capable of welding 3/16” plate
- Bandsaw capable of cutting 2.5” square tubing (If you don’t have a bandsaw, you can get your pieces cut at a local welding shop)
- Angle Grinder
- Tape Measure
- Vice grips OR C-clamps – at least two, four preferred
- Hand Drill OR Drill Press
- ¼” Drill Bit
- ¾” Drill Bit (only needed if adding marker lights)
- Type 27 Flapper Disk Grinding Wheels
- Grinder Cutting Wheel OR Plasma Cutter OR Cutting Torch
- Beginning to Intermediate Welding Experience
- General Knowledge of using a bandsaw (includes cutting angles) If you don’t have a bandsaw, you can get all your pieces cut at a local welding shop.
- General Shop Tool Knowledge (how to use hand drill, grinder, etc.)
No Experience or Tools? No Problem. Give your local welding shop a copy of the blueprint and video access and they will easily be able to complete the project.
An experienced fabricator can get this project done in 6 hours, whereas a beginner might need a full day.
Yes, this product is designed to accommodate most cross body toolboxes.
Get Access to the FREE Video Tutorial!
Model Specific Weld-Yourself kits are available to purchase directly from the video page.