Double Diamond Headache Rack Kits
What Experience and Tools are Required to Build My Kit?
- Standard Protective Equipment (Ear Plugs, Safety glasses, Welding Helmet, Welding Gloves, Welding Coat)
- Work Table
- Welder – capable of welding 3/16” plate
- Bandsaw capable of cutting 2.5” square tubing (If you don’t have a bandsaw, you can get your pieces cut at a local welding shop)
- Angle Grinder
- Tape Measure
- Vice grips OR C-clamps – at least two, four preferred
- Hand Drill OR Drill Press
- ¼” Drill Bit
- ¾” Drill Bit (only needed if adding marker lights)
- Type 27 Flapper Disk Grinding Wheels
- Grinder Cutting Wheel OR Plasma Cutter OR Cutting Torch
- Beginning to Intermediate Welding Experience
- General Knowledge of using a bandsaw (includes cutting angles) If you don’t have a bandsaw, you can get all your pieces cut at a local welding shop.
- General Shop Tool Knowledge (how to use hand drill, grinder, etc.)
No Experience or Tools? No Problem. Give your local welding shop a copy of the blueprint and video access and they will easily be able to complete the project.
1) Easy-to-Use Blueprints
These aren’t the jargon-filled standard blueprints, they’re made for everyone to understand. Blueprints Include a detailed material list and diagrams covering lengths and angles to cut all pieces.
2) .DXF Cut Files
Includes CAD .dxf files for all needed parts including standard gussets, toolbox gussets, and light brackts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. We make sure every customer is able to fully complete their rack. All purchasers will have full access to email and phone support (with a real human) ensuring any and all questions are answered.
Digital Kit – $79
*Steel you will need to purchase – $90-$110
*Finish (Paint/Powder Coat) – $10 – $150
Total: $199 – $369
Add Marker Lights & wiring (6): +$35
Add Strip Tail/Stop/Turn Lights & wiring: +$35
Compare to Protech Premade Rack: MSRP $475-$750
Compare to Highway Products Premade Rack: MSRP $599+
*Price subject to your area’s steel retailer and powder coat supplier*
Yes. Simply choose the toolbox option at checkout for a specialty gusset to fit with most cross body tool boxes. The maximum overall outer width of the toolbox that can be accommodated is 73.75″ outer width.
An experienced fabricator can get this project done in 6 hours, whereas a beginner might need a full day.